Coachbuilder: Park Ward
Chassis number: GRP24
Engine number: G29Z
Rolls-Royce 25/30 HP #GRP24 was sold new to Mrs. Daisie Mignot. She was the widow of the Reverend Peter Thomas Mignot (CBE) who founded the Mignot Memorial Hospital at Alderney (BCI). The chassis was bodied by Park Ward with and "Airline" style Touring Limousine body and was equipped with a large sunroof and a division that winds up under the roof. Mrs. Mignot cancelled the purchase after a week and ordered a 25/30 HP with Thrupp & Maberly Limousine body. In December 1938 the GRP24 was sold through Jack Barclayâ€™s to Mr. Campbell Steen of Belfast. After the war it was acquired by the pharmaceutical company Cupal Ltd. of Blackburn, Lancs. Found abandoned in the early 80â€™s the car was restored and treasured ever since. In 1992 it was bought by the last owner, Mr Denis Chasney from Waltham Abbey, England, who in 1995 had the body professionally restored with a bare metal respray. The car still retains it's original green leather interior which has been re-connolised.
Benefitting from a cylinder head overhaul, new fuelpumps, reconditioned fueltank, rewiring, new tyres and the fitting of an overdrive, the car is an absolute joy to drive and has an engine that is barely audible when running.
The car comes with an extensive history file.